Monday, December 19, 2011

Self-reminder of who I want to be

Love is patient,

love is kind.

It does not envy,

it does not boast,

it is not proud.

It does not dishonor others,

it is not self-seeking,

it is not easily angered,

it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

It always protects,

always trusts,

always hopes,

always perseveres.

Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Remembering these things will help me be a better daughter, sister, friend, wife, mother. Being patient, kind, understanding, and keeping no record of wrongs will help me be better with children. There are people who don't understand God but they understand Love. We have this ideal of perfection when it comes to love but who is ever the "perfect" lover? The unfailing one. To me, it can only be the Unfailing One. That standard of perfection. The more I seek understanding of God, the more I fall completely in love. "Oh how He loves me" takes over and leaves me feeling strengthened and beautiful. When your heart is pursued and romanced by the Creator of the Universe, settling for anything less is undesirable. In the past I haven't been the best at loving pure heartedly either which disappoints me. I'm hoping that God will teach me how to love a man and to be loved by one. I want that agape love, family love, lifetime of joy and sorrow love. I want to grow old with someone but we see each other the way we did when we first met. ying & yang.

Until then, I'm going fishing with my Dad.

No comments: