Wednesday, November 16, 2011

New Directions


I haven't posted in awhile and need to give an update.

1) I didn't move to Nashville

2) I am now 26

3) I got a kitten.


That's a brief overview. The long story is that God is totally working in my life and opened doors here in Jacksonville. The crazy thing is that when I was visiting in Nashville with the intention to pick up and move there, I felt really uneasy and got really bad anxiety over it. I felt stuck because my job was making me pretty unhappy but I knew how difficult it had been to find a new job in my field. I was going to give up and just settle because I hated waitressing and didn't want to do that in Nashville. Literally, a week after I got back from vacation my CEO let me know about an opening for a job that did not exist. They intended to offer it to me without opening it up to others to apply. It was the job I had wanted from the very beginning. God's timing is perfect. I wouldn't have been ready for this position back at the age of 23. I had way too much going on in my personal life to handle the responsibilities of this job. Now, I am grateful and appreciative and am pretty obsessed with working with middle school kids. They are really special little people.

That's all for now because it's late and my tummy hurts. More updates soon!

This really resonated with me from Ecclesiastes 3

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens





No comments: