Monday, February 20, 2012

The Good Life

Life for me has been so good. Even at the worst moments, I know I'll be fine. It's been a long time since I've felt hopeless. Some days I wish I could change some things about myself and my circumstances. I'm not denying that. But right now, I'm sitting at a coffee shop on my computer starting to plan a vacation. I was having a moment where I was wishing I could get up and move to SoCal then I thought, "You would be doing the same exact thing there." I am a person who dreams of running from problems but I never do. I've always stuck it out. That gives me hope that I can face anything.

Life is going to hard if it's going to be any good. The toil of the land brings bountiful harvest. But we can't forget that even when we toil, nature can bring disaster which leaves us waiting another season for more toil until the harvest. In Ecclesiastes, Solomon teaches us not to put our hope in this life, like things are new or even meaningful....(Ecclesiastes Chapter 1:8-11).

8 All things are wearisome,
more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
nor the ear its fill of hearing.
9 What has been will be again,
what has been done will be done again;
there is nothing new under the sun.
10 Is there anything of which one can say,
“Look! This is something new”?
It was here already, long ago;
it was here before our time.
11 No one remembers the former generations,
and even those yet to come
will not be remembered
by those who follow them.

So, I feel like I can get through anything.

No comments: