Saturday, January 7, 2012

Adventure.....at home

I love traveling and getting out of Dodge. Over the years I've been fortunate to get out of town to see friends on many occasions (thanks friends for being brave enough to move out of Florida). The thing is, I really love home. You won't catch me saying that often in public, but I do love this wacky Jville. I was able to see the firework show on the river for the FIRST time in my memory since we moved here in 1993. Let me tell you, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I've seen 4th of July fireworks in Chicago off the Pier, other little places, and Jax Beach (which last year weren't bad). Something about watching the 5 min long firework display over the St Johns river with the reflection in the Wells Fargo building was spectacular. It made me be glad I live in a river ocean city. THis year I want some adventure and I want to make sure that I have the right people in my life. We can be friends with people because we've known them forever but sometimes they just aren't good for us. I think I'm also at a point in my life where my interests are changing and I'm getting to be the real me. I'm going to start being more like Kelly and read more books and tell people I can't hang out bc I'm tired but secretly I'm hiding in my room reading Hunger Games. Then I'll secretly be enjoying watching my kitten grow up and playing with anything that looks at him sideways (socks included). SO maybe my adventures in life won't be so crazy. I'd still like the opportunity to live to the fullest. I hope that i'll never turn down something I want, but at this time no doors have opened for anything to wild. The biggest open door was for my current job so I'm just thrilled at its own little adventure with learning how to work with this age group. Jacksonville is a great city with a lot of little day adventures to offer if you put yourself out there. Here are some ideas:



On a side note: Kelly told me I should go to Greece this summer.....I'm thinking about it. But it's hard not to think about the money.

No comments: