Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teenagers

Being a teenager: "Forging some kind of character out of nothing." -Carrie Fisher. Never heard a truer statement about being a teenager! Being 25 is not much different. I'm almost getting to the point where there is worry setting in that I won't have anything to blame feeling lost on once I turn 26....haha. But, who cares!

the more I apply for jobs, the more confident I feel and better my cover letter/resumes get. Now just for the step after the applying is hard. Maybe i should apply for and interview for jobs that i won't take just to boost my interviewing skills. McDonalds perhaps? That's teenagery. Teenagers don;t have to worry whether or not they will hire you because you aren't qualified. You just have to be willing to work hard and friendly! When you have 2+ years of work experience, you have to be sharp on interviews and assertive. It's not quite a date. I really want to do some amazing things in my life and in my work so I really need to show off my heart, passion, and drive.

All this to say, I'm really glad I'm not a teenager anymore. So I need to stop acting like it! I have a great future ahead of me and I really need to believe in myself. I also need to trust that God loves me, individually me, and has a plan. "Call to me and i will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" Jeremiah 33:3 I like this one too, Not really expected from someone who thinks about themselves all of the time: "The Lord said to me, 'You have seen correctly, for I am watching to see that my word is fulfilled.' " Jeremiah 1:12

God is pretty cool. I hate saying that. But really, really cool. It's not about how great or happy or successful i turn out to be. God does care about me and is watching. heck, he also invites me to turn to him! but...he is watching the choices i make which is a daily process. He'll get the work done with or without me. In the last verse I am pretty sure He is talking about the coming of Jesus Christ. Even Jesus suffered willingly to fufill the word of God-the promise of hope and reconcilliation for all people.

I think that as Christians or even as people who don't quite understand/believe the message of Christ, we are too focused on the salvation part, "being saved" but we don't know what we are being saved from....hell? What is hell exactly? I've never seen it but based on description I definitely know I dont want to go there. Heaven sounds pretty cool in comparison. Streets made of gold, no tears or hunger, etc. But the key thing a lot of people forget is why we actually are supposed to want to go to Heaven---because God is there!!

Being a Christian doesn't solely mean that you now have a free one way ticket to heaven, it means that we have been reconciled [spelling?] with the God of the universe, our creator! Since creation/fall of man, God has been trying to get back in touch with us without forcing us to. As soon as he does something good for the people he loves, they forget once things get hard again. If God was a sports team owner and life was the team, we would be fairweather fans. But He never forces us to buy tickets or even watch the game. But oh how sweet it is to connect with a team and follow it through it's ups and downs! Well, not the greatest analogy but that's just one perspective. It's hard to describe something spiritual with physical attributes...

Ready for bed and looking forward to tomorrow, no particular reason just happy for another day! There is an ornery woman at work and I really need to figure out how to deal with it kindly. She doesnt like me at all, I know it. She scolds me EVERY day that I work at camp.

Goodnight!

No comments: