Thursday, October 21, 2010

What Next?

So I am about to turn 25 in less than a month and this is what I have to show for it:

A Master's Degree
A messy bedroom
Living with my parents
Furniture
storage unit
almost 2 years of working experience
Falling back in love with Jesus

10 years ago I was in 9th grade and following an 11th grader around that i had a crush on
15 years ago I was in 4th grade and learned how to add fractions and dreamed about being an actress.

Not much has changed except now I have discovered yoga pants, wine, and travelling. I guess a lot has changed.

When I was younger I used to write stories and plays. I am considering writing children's stories on my own and see where it goes. At the age of 25, I want to do something that I would have never thought I'd do or accomplish (or something I've always dreamed about). I am tired of sitting around and waiting for things to happen or at least tired of hoping for the American Dream.

The American Dream is failing America. Over 50% of marriages end in divorce, highest unemployment rate in decades, schools are failing, businesses are closing, and our neighborhoods are becoming infested with crime. It is not working. WHo made up this dream anyway? Dreams are great but when we try and "accomplish" so much on our own, we lose sight of what is really important or WHO is really important. How many people HONESTLY get married because that is just what you are supposed to do? How many people become doctors or lawyers becuase everyone else in their family has done the same thing?

Screw the 9-5 secure job and go crazy! That's what I am hoping to do in my 25th year. I'd like to fall in love with Jesus and with serving people. I am feeling free to do just that.

In the meantime, I need to shower. I will be back with some updates on how God is working in my life.

No comments: